Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lack of Power & Response VT S2

shane1806

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore S2
I cannot seem to get any response from 4th gear (drive) especially when coming to hills & inclines without it kicking back to 3rd gear. For example, if I am cruising along at 90km/h & wish to increase the speed to 100km/h, by slowly pressing on the accelerator whilst in drive, the car will not respond. Eventually the car will drop back to 3rd gear.

It has only done 50,000 Kms & I have just had the transmission serviced, leads & plugs replaced, new fuel filter & a new memcal put in but the problem is no better. As the problem began before xmas, just after it was at a holden dealer to replace the purge hose, I have been told that they probably upgraded the computer at the same time & this new version (which is apparently not reversable) is the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas, or is having a similar problem?? Any help would be great as I am pulling my hair out & didn't have much to start with.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
6 or 8 cyl????

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The "computer upgrade" would not have been done as the car is out of warranty
the problem you describe has a fix available, the memcal needs to be replaced. There are some small changes to the torque convertor clutch release settings which should fix the feeling you describe
PM me if you want more info
Cheers Rob

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
shane1806 said:
6 cyl, Auto
thanks
Dr Bobs reply is on the money....

if it was a V8, different solution....

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
Replace your O2 sensors, this will give you your meat back in your low and mid rev throttle response.