Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAXXIS MA-Z1 Tyres!!!

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
I'm looking for people to give opinions of there experience using a set of :

235/40/R18 Maxxis MA-Z1 Tyres.

I've read some good reviews around the internet, eg off there site and another site, however, i would like to know what you guys think?

Can get them with my rims / tyre package for about 160 a tyre i think... cause i worked out my rims are worth 1200...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Thats fairly cheap 4 the tyres i wouldnt put them on my car they r on par with nangkangs but with the tyre package u prolly wouldnt get much better with out payin alot more 4 decent tyres so get them then save 4 decent tyres next round

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
The Z1 are meant to be one of the best tyres, it did well in the Wheels test. I mean for an average $220 as compared to 350-400 for Eagle Revspecs etc, its just not work the eagles in my opinion. I mean yeah, we'd all love Continental , then again if we could afford those we wouldn't be driving a Holden. Nankang are very cheap, Sumitomo & Yokahamas is another good one to look at. I mean even Wanli tyres are good, excellent grip but come out of south china and last a 3rd of the time of good tyres. Make sure they are not selling you the Maxxis MAV-1, they are shiite.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
i had em on my ex-VX, didn't have an issue... good traction for the amount of throwing around i did...

No regrets...

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
jesterarts... how many km's did you get out of them? and jaxquickfit tyres are quoting the MA-Z1 in the wheel and tyre package... getting a set of 18" bboss eleanor rims!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I have Maxis 17's on my Commodore, no problems and I have done 20k with some tread still on them (but need to replace very soon).

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I just got 40,000 out of my 18 inchs Falken Ziex, and its still got lots of tread......i dotn kno wwhat you guys are doing hehehhe.Maxxis or Sumitomo is my next shot

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I've used Maxxis aswell before.

There no pirellis or anything, but for 1/4 of the cost they are awesome. Never once lost grip, and you's know how i drive.

I have the Ziex's on now that vxcalais_01 has.

Can't really say tyre life, my rears last a month or 2, then i put the fronts on the back, and get new front ones.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Can't answer you mileage question as i sold the car this week...lol

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
ive got them on my vx on 17s, they seem good, ive done 20000 on them with still heaps of meat left, great trye ill buy them again