Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement Speakers front doors VX Commodore 2001. 5.25", 6" or 6.5"

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hi,

This is my first post and have been reading your forum community and must admit your all a knownledgable bunch and very friendly community.

Anyways;

I just have a simple question;

I am looking at getting a pair of splits for my system, looking at MB Quart, but am open to suggestions.

The problem I have is that I have no idea what size goes in the front doors. I am more confused than ever as each person I speak to at Audio shops or different sites seem to say something different.

2 Guys reckon they have to be straight 6" Splits
This other guy reckons 5.25"
And yet another mate reckons the standard 6.5"

I mean I am leaning to the 6.5" answer since every shop I go, stratties, Car Stereo City, Alberts. All seem to have 6.5" in there ranges JBL, Alpine..etc..

Anyone got a VX and replaced the fronts and know for a fact what size I should be looking for?

Thanks alot I really appreciate anyones help in advance.

anti:thumbsup:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The stock speakers measure 6" but 6.5" will fit, but the size of the magnets and the depth of the speaker may require some modification to the plastic water shield behind the speaker.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I put a pair of 6" in my front doors and were a perfect fit . The only thing i had to modify was the speaker wire plug .

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
You can fit 6.5" speakers in there with a little bit of modification to the plastic behind the speaker.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
You will love the MB Quart, I hade the in my last car there a very good speaker. When I get some spare time and $ they are the ones I'll put in.

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Excellent. Thanks guys, I wasn't even expecting a reply so soon. Thanks heaps.

Definately will look into the 6" then, I guess I may aswell get them from the place I will be getting the installation done. Was hoping to get a pair online but hard to find really and if I did go a 5.25 or 6.5 rather, that might require mods and I can imagine getting charged abit for it. So sixes it is.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas and a Jolly New Year to you all.

anti

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
These 6" splits are a sure mission to find. I've even looked on multiple manufacturer websites like MB, Alpine, Pioneer and Kicker and there series of splits dont seem to come in a straight 6"

The only ones I could find are the following;

JL Audio: Products

I seen em on ebay for $149 USD Buy it Now new, which seems decent + shipping of course which is probably another $50 USD. Still works out cheaper than buying them here I think as I heard there anywhere from $349 - $399 AUD

Anyones suggestions or recommendations about these speakers would be good? I will be running them off an AMP along side the 6x9 Rockford 3 ways.

thanks heaps..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Jaycar speakers aren't bad either and not too expensive.

antis0cial

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I could only see the AMP on there site.. and a few other speakers but not any that were 6" straight. Just 6.5. The only 6" splits I came across were those JL VR-600 csi