Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control / Cruise control crapped out!!

DarkCrystal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
Hi everyone,

My traction control is permanently off and the cruise control does not work! Both happened at exactly the same time about 2 weeks ago... Iv'e checked all the fuses in the car, done diaganotics (straight 12's!!!)... it's definitly not the switches... when i start the car, the traction control light is off... as soon as i move the bloody thing the light comes on!! Ive reset the ECU like 5 times too!! Even left the battery disconnect for a whole weekend at last weekend!

To be honest, i had my sounds cranked pretty hard when this happened (pretty much full power), i'm running 2 x 12's in the boot at 1100rms... dunno if that had anything to do with it..

I don't mind not having traction control coz it nearly killed me couple of months ago when i skided out sideways and the traction control kicked in and acted like a bloody handbrake!!

Any ideas?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
The cruise control not working is a real pain. Does it not actually work or is it just the light not working?

Sometimes my light decides to not illuminate but if I set the cruise control it still works. I'd suggest looking at second hand ECU's, they're pretty cheap if you get it without the Memcal.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Check your brake pedal switch. Make sure the plug is in properly.

Another thing to check would be all the connections to the wheel sensors and the PCM harness.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Check your brake pedal switch. Make sure the plug is in properly.

Another thing to check would be all the connections to the wheel sensors and the PCM harness.

I had the exact same problem over a year ago now. I haven't had any problems with it since.

All you need to do is go to the abs/traction module. You will find a large plug near the battery end. Pull the orange tab out towards the engine block and that will allow you to remove the plug fromt the abs/traction assembly. I simply gave mine a blow out with some air and has been sweet ever since.

Mine only did it interrmitently along my trip to and from Ballarat but as soon as the traction screwed me, so did the cruise control. I think its an auto safety feature???

Hope that helps.

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
ALso if your stereo drains the battery too much it can produce false or ghost codes ??

DarkCrystal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
I had the exact same problem over a year ago now. I haven't had any problems with it since.

All you need to do is go to the abs/traction module. You will find a large plug near the battery end. Pull the orange tab out towards the engine block and that will allow you to remove the plug fromt the abs/traction assembly. I simply gave mine a blow out with some air and has been sweet ever since.

Mine only did it interrmitently along my trip to and from Ballarat but as soon as the traction screwed me, so did the cruise control. I think its an auto safety feature???

Hope that helps.

Awsome!! thanks heaps myberlina... its all working perfectly now!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Your welcome from me too.....

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
mine does that to traction jus turns itself off then wont ocme on :S not that i ever use it its annoying when i goto take off fast if its a dangerous place or i try beat somone it kicks in and i almost die...