Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Limp Mode?

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
hi, i have just bought a VU ute with a front end knock and the airbag has been deployed. I was wanting to know if it is possible to get the car to start with the airbag open, i am used to VN - VS's and i know with them its possible to kinda bypass the ecu by leaving the key in ignition for a while, which starts the car in 'limp home mode'. is this possible with a VU with airbags out? Also how do u go about doing this? is it the same as the VR's
Thanks

xtr3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6L
A VT - VZ series holden will start after the airbags have been deployed. afaik

I remember reading in the manual that if the airbags have been deployed after 10 seconds the engine will shutdown, interior lights turn on, doors unlock etc.
but the manual read along the line of, if you try to restart the car... it will restart

The 2 hours delay thing your mentioning is also part of a VT - VZ, that is the theft deturant systems shutdown time. if you leave the car ON for 2 hours, all theft deturant systems will shutdown (immoboliser, alarm etc) and the car will start.

But im guessing this isnt your issue, perhaps the crash has damaged more than is visible?

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
haha nope well i just imediatly thort it would not start so didnt even try. but il try n see what happens. cheers mate

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
well fancy that, it started. iv had a few cars with the same problem and for some reason have not even tried starting them once, thinking it would not start anyway. Learn something new everyday