Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 92 - Low Speed Radiator fan response signal

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Wagon and VT Exec V6 Wagon
OK the wife's VT comes up with 2 codes.

12 - System Pass (OK)
92 - Low Speed Radiator fan response signal

The problem is the thermo fan switches on at startup sometimes (engine cold and A/C off) and stays on. If you turn the car off and on it's all good though. It's a V6, had a new radiator, thermostat and flush 10 mths ago and runs fine other than that.

Any ideas?

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Replace the Low Speed Fan relay. Its located on the left hand side of your engine bay above yuor battery inside a black rectangular enclosure.

I get the same code. I havent changed the relay yet though, so i cant tell you if that fixes the problem. But it wont hurt to change it i guess.

Cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Changing the low speed fan relay often fixes the problem.

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Replace the Low Speed Fan relay.

Cheers

Thanks. $8.50 later and problem solved. :thumbsup:

The new relay has 4 plugs whereas the old one had 5, is that strange?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
You might want to check that. One of the cooling fan relays is 5 pin, the other is 4 pin. It won't matter putting a 5 pin in a 4 pin socket as the spare pin will not be connected to anything. A 4 pin in place of the 5 pin might disable one of the 2 windings in the cooling fan as the earth path for the 4 pin is via the normally closed contact in the 5 pin. I don't know which relay is for the high speed and which for the low speed though.

Here's a wiring diagram so you might try to figure it out:

http://www.memcals.com/pdf/VSV6 Auto Wiring Diagram.pdf

Edit: Sorry, looking at signature and assumed it was the VS wagon, not wife's VT. The two systems aren't very different though, so I'll leave what I posted.

Last edited:

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
The correct Genuine radiator low fan relay is

part # 92092445.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it should be white in color, the original is blue

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm I forgot to check back on this one. Thanks for the replies. It turns out they did give me the wrong one. They gave me 92092444 which is grey and has 4 pins. I'll take it back tomorrow.

Seriously, ho can you trust if you can't trust a holden spare parts place!!?!

white vn ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hi all a mates vt is throwing this exact same code. ive plugged a scan tool in and the thermo fans work. but the code says low fan speed or no bcm response. would this be either the relay or a computer problem??

bhopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt spac supercharged 6,vp bt1 5.0,vyss lshulk
Hey guys i have just recently gone through the same problem with my vt s pac supercharged not shuagh if its the same as vs but one way to check if the wiring is all ok is that you unplug the connector to the thermo fan sensor and turn the ignition on the low speed fan should kick in after 6 sec anf then high speed should kick in after 12 sec if that happen wiring and realys are fine ,my problem was that once the sensor turn the fans on they wouldnt switch them off so i replaced the sensor which is usually around $113.00 from holden they are the cheapest around burson $134.00 but i paid $64 for my sensor bcause they said it christmas wel thanks holden and that fix my problem and fans are turning on and off now so hope this helps .