Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the error codes?

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
I've searched here everywhere and have had a little luck but can't find everything listed in one place.

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
Error Codes

G'day,
Best place to start for anything like this is a workshop manual, such as a Gregory's manual. For roughly $30 or so, you'll have more info on your car than you could ever need - including the error codes you're after.
Look in anywhere like Repco, Autopro, Super Cheap etc etc or any good automotive book store.
I do have the book for my VR, which has a complete listing of the codes and how to acces them and treat them. I would not necessarily think they'd work for your VT though... But if you want them, just let me know.
Chris.

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
To my knowledge, you cannot extract the VT codes without a Tech2 Computer to hook up to the car .. it doesn't flash em out like the older models did :(

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
Last edited:

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
The codes definition is right for the VT, but the extraction doesn't work on the VT upwards.. you need an actual computer link to get the codes .. bridging the connector doesn't do anything ..

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
Would you be refering to the cable that some guy is selling on ebay? He has just released the VT version I think. It's for linking to pc.

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
I'm not actually sure if you can get the codes by that cable, probably can I guess .. I was actually referring to the tech2 at holden .. thats the "proper" way to read codes :)

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
I know what the Tech2 does but what does the cable do? I could spend a few hours searching but I'd prefer to hear from someone that has or does use this cable rather than the person selling it. I think this guy cracked the BCM and this is in place of the Tech2.

jam-131

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs aclaim stock grandpas car lol
any one know what the code 67 is?