Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Horns

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Hey guys and gals, i just brought a dual air horn, for my commodore vt and i am wondering if i have to wire it through the relay provided or is it just plug in and work? (on the secondary horn on the other side of the car not the drivers side

i have all the air lines in place i just have to get information on the wiring....
thanks in advance

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I reckon it should work no problem just plugging it into other horn plug.

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
Acording to my Gregory's, yes.

Just dont exceed your fuse #25 rating or the rating of the relay fitted. You'd probably disconnect your std horn anyway, but that will give you a bit more current to drive the blower better.

If the blower is a real current drain, put in a second relay just to drive it... straight off the battery (fused, of course).

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
well its a 30 amp 12 volt compresser

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't think it would be that many amps. Perhaps it's not wise to use the other horn plug.

well, it says on the relay thats its a DC12V 30/40 A and that i the link from the battery should be 30amps
Yes i dont want the hello how are you horn its got now.... i wanna WHAT THE ...... it should sound like a mack truck....

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
the std horn fuse is rated at 15A... so don't expect that circuit to carry more than 80% of that for too long without getting awfully hot... ya gonna havta make your own circuit to drive that monster!

Get a good quality relay... ya don't want that sucker (ahem, blower) getting stuck on... and mount the relay as close to the blower as ya can. Use heavy cable to go to earth and to the battery... fuse it at the battery with a 30A fuse.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
the std horn fuse is rated at 15A... so don't expect that circuit to carry more than 80% of that for too long without getting awfully hot... ya gonna havta make your own circuit to drive that monster!

Get a good quality relay... ya don't want that sucker (ahem, blower) getting stuck on... and mount the relay as close to the blower as ya can. Use heavy cable to go to earth and to the battery... fuse it at the battery with a 30A fuse.

yeah i have got a circuit diagram for it, and plan on wiring it up today( got my sisters car so i can get parts lol) but i have the relay that came with it looks pretty good and is rated for it.as for the 30 amp fuse does anyone know where i can get the fuse connecters

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have wired it up...... but it doesn't work.... it has its own fuse and relay.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
How did you trigger the relay..

Did youuse the 2 wires going to your old horn to trigger the new relay..