Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx brake lights not working

mojo.jojo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais lx torana
Hey can anyone help me my vx equipe brake lights are ot working, the fuse is ok , the bulb are all ok, the tail lights work but no brake, any suggestions??

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
sounds like you may have a ground problem somewhere, this happened to my sisters mate she took it to her auto elect and got it sorted.
firstly check that all your fuses are ok, secondly try taking the globes out and putting them back, again i know but thats the process or elimination
have you had anything installed recently that may of caused this to malfunction (upgraded alarm systems, air horns, aftermarket electrical components)

if not then its probably your Brake switch, the brake switch is located at the top of your brake pedal, go to holden get your $13 switch (cheapest available) and then fit it or take it to an auto elect to have it fitted

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
thats ok if not then i will take another look in the Gregory's manual for it...

rjrservices

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic
Did you solve this problem?

Having the same issue with my VT (parcel shelf and main brake lights)

Here's the troubleshooting process so far:

- Checked contact points on all bulbs.
- Replaced bulbs
- Checked fuse (10A one under the steering column)
- ran a multimeter across the fuse (i.e. removed fuse and put multimeter in the fuse box)

I'm getting power through the fuse when i hit the brake pedal, suggesting the problem is between the fusebox and the lights, and thus the brake switch is working fine.

Questions:
- Is there another relay/fuse somewhere hidden?
- If it is a grounding issue, is there an easy way to check without ripping the car apart (so to speak)?
- If there is no easy check, is there a 'common' place these things normally occur?

This seems to be a common problem, so I'm hoping there is a 'common' solution.

Any help appreciated....