Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS light on dash Brakes seems fine

njnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C/SPORT 5.0L 5Spd
When I start the car no problems, starts smooth no lights come on in dash, as soon as I start moving the ABS light comes on and stays on.
Can anyone help me witha starting point.
All fuses are good, when I take the fuse out for the ABS the ABS light comes on and stays on, however when fuse is replaced the light stays off until I start moving and then on it comes again.
Fault in Front ABS Hubs????
Any help would be appreciated:bang::wax:

:bow:

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
I had a similar fault some time back, read this, it could be the common problem experienced with earlier models.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Once you have moved off and the light comes on, what happens if you stop, turn engine off and restart, does the light then stay off? That's what happened to mine and it was a faulty ABS sensor.

njnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C/SPORT 5.0L 5Spd
azzavt:
Thx I will chack the front abs lines for damage, and source the retaining clip.
Where exactly does the retaining clip fit, being a revised item, I would have to fit it?? eg drill anything?

BlackVXGTS:
Thx I will check and see. If sensor, which one, Wheel Hub Unit???

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Our VX did the same tonight, drives, brakes and starts fine and also the battery light stays on.
Will search other posts to find the cause to correct.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
swap the relays around guys, before spending any money, and as for the battery light im guessing the alternator aint charging the battery properly, and again probally just the voltage regulator more than anything. Then again the battery could be stuffed. alternator should charge at 14.4 plus.

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
My abs light come on yesterday and is staying on in my vt ss 5.0L. Brakes seem ok and no apprant braking issues. So ive done a bit of research and found out that this is an issue in the earlier model commodores such as mine, where the abs light stays on when there is nothing wrong. Ive read that switching the relays around might stop the warning light, so yried that and that didnt work. Only thing i can think of is that i put new brake pads in the other day and that i might have knocked a sensor or something. But that was almost a week ago and the warning light only came on yesterday. Any suggestions? Other than whats suggested above or on the net?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I'm sure this has been covered in the "How To's" but with the new forum there doesn't appear to be any search facilities for that section (that I can find anyway). Check out the attachment below:

Attachments

• VT ABS & ABS-ETC Self Diagnostics.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,226

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
I'm sure this has been covered in the "How To's" but with the new forum there doesn't appear to be any search facilities for that section (that I can find anyway). Check out the attachment below:
Hey. Thanks for that info mate..much appreciated.