Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Cooling System

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Wow, with help from a couple of members here I managed to flush the cooling system on the wifes VT. This was done 18 months ago by an un-named holden dealer in Sydney, but the car was always running hot since.

The coolent he used was probably feces cause the water was pure brown lol. Flushed, rinsed, flushed, rinsed, drained etc a few times till I got the water nice & clear, then drained & added the coolant & topped it up with water. Still getting a little air in the system at the moment, but there appears to be no leaks as such so it could just still be settling the bubbles to the top - 50-100mls have been added a couple of times since, but thats about all

The result is unreal - even the heater is better as I suspected it was reasonably fouled before I started and it sure seems to be a lot hotter now.

How important are the 3 tablets for the cooling system from the dealers - people seem to say it helps with the water pump seals (I have to get them yet - I bought them last week & cant find where I put them, so i'll go get more tomorrow lol)

MySV6