Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Window Switch

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Hey guys
i was driving to a mates house today and wound down my power window in my passenger side front , it went down but not back up. after much investigation i found that the switch has little plastic spring loaded lever type rods.
one of these little plastic type rods has melted at the end (it had shorted because of gunk.....

Can i get a new one of these switches (just the switch) or do you i have to go and pay holden $160 for a new one.....?!?
anyone that does blue LED conversions will know what i am talking about.....

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Thats actually a common thing ive seen happening in cars ive done but not all do it, id go 2 a wrecker or even ebay, they dont need 2 b new but if u find a broken 1 pull it appart and take the plastic pins from them. Even the pins from the rear switches fit.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Hey guys
i was driving to a mates house today and wound down my power window in my passenger side front , it went down but not back up. after much investigation i found that the switch has little plastic spring loaded lever type rods.
one of these little plastic type rods has melted at the end (it had shorted because of gunk.....

Can i get a new one of these switches (just the switch) or do you i have to go and pay holden $160 for a new one.....?!?
anyone that does blue LED conversions will know what i am talking about.....

Common prob. This is what u do.Go to holden,buy a single switch ($36),(back door1s),pull it a part and replace the broken1 :yeah: (they r same)..

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Common prob. This is what u do.Go to holden,buy a single switch ($36),(back door1s),pull it a part and replace the broken1 :yeah: (they r same)..

yeah i have a sort of broken one at the back that needs replacing so i will replace that one then take it apart and replace the pins in the front

thanks for the help guys

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Hey Fitz, I have a spare one if you can't find one. Pm me if you want it. :)

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
well guys might be going to u pull it in 41 Degree Heat...... gotta fix this damn switch......

denholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I had the same trouble with a vt I bought.. some of the switches were dicky....one had the same problem as yours..the plastic finger was melted...wasnt contacting the rocker..
I just made a new one out of a plastic masonry plug...thats all I had lyin around..lol filed it down to shape.. worked a treat...
replaced a bulb in another switch.. Voila.!

blueV8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8 & supercharged VX
ive used electrical spray on the dodgy switches and they work after that so i would try a cheap way 1st