Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine mounts

commnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
hi all, i've got genie extractors and zorst on my vt but one anoying prob is the left side hits the floor just below front pasengers right foot. this only seems to happen on hard accleration and open road hard bumps. i thought this maybe because of torque flexing of the motor?as for the open road just tends to move because of bump impact.
has anyone got any ideas? :mad:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to have a good look at your exhaust from underneath to see which parts fo the pipe are close to the body. You should also be able to see marks on the pipes and/or bodywork where it is hitting. You may need to get the exhaust brackets bent to give extra clearance.

richie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Commodore 3.8V6
happened on mine when i got pacemakers on, took it straight back

they bent the pipe a bit and it stopped

hope they didnt **** up the pipes though lol

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
pacemakers are tough as nails m8 dont stress .... i took my vn up to echuca and ran it through the firetrails up there .. i bottomed out on everything from rocks and sticks to native wildlife! silly ass me ended up getting the car teeter tottering on top of a 4ft levy (i thought it was just a hill that flattened out at the top!!! :eek: ) squashing my zorst nicely ... some friendly campers from the caravan park pushed my car back where i could at least get a wheel onto to the ground!!! lmao!!

end result: Using a 4ft levy as a jack = bad idea
pacemaker 3 into 1 y piece and engine pipe strength = Undamaged! yay!
s0sage behind the wheel = jeebus!!!!!