Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx acceleration response?

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Hey guys, just wondering is there any way to change the acceleration reaction time? I mean, when i put my foot down it will take a couple of seconds bfore it actually kicks in and goes. Is there a way to change it so when i put my foot down i have instant acceleration??? :confused:

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
ive been told that if u have a thicker guage earth wire running from one of the bolts or around the disy well yeh to somewhere it makes it more responsive
i will find the full details and post later !!

totally forget sorry :hit:

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Does a bigger throtle body do much for a v6?

Redfox

Reaction score
Nope, you gotta get it bored. Or buy a modified one. I found that hi ratio roller rockers made the throttle response a bit sharper.

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
stage 2 cam cai exhaust chip valve springs and roller rockers should give ya a nice kick up the arse also before you buy anything tighten the throttle cable and kick down cable throttle cable is the easiest thing ever to tighten dont even need tools

jase_vs_comma

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vs equpie s2
i spoke to holden bout this problem wif my vs they said they could fix it for 400 buks, its sumfin to do wif the solinoid, ill b havin this fixed in the next few months ill keep u's updated

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
jase_vs_comma said:
i spoke to holden bout this problem wif my vs they said they could fix it for 400 buks, its sumfin to do wif the solinoid, ill b havin this fixed in the next few months ill keep u's updated

B4 you book the car in for that service which takes about half-an-hour to do spend about $14(i think) get a tranny Nulon enhancer/conditioner.You'll be suprised with the result(it works most of the time).