Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crazykarls 99 VT 5spd Spack

Crazykarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
daily: VT S pack 1999 5 spd manual
Originally i started out with a 1986 VL whivh was going to be my long term project car after about two years a picked up a VR for a daily driver bu then that got written off and i got a pay out, then the engine kept playing up in the VL so i decided to sell it and upgrade and this is what i got....

Name: Karl

Model: 1999 VT S pack

Colour: Raven Mica

Body Work: Standard Spack bodykit

Engine Type: standard

Engine Mods: at the moment just CAI but apparently the last owner spent $3500 on the top end of the engine but i still ahvent heard anything from the car yard to do with receipts and paperwork for it

Exhaust: pacemaker extractors, 2.5" exhaust? (unsure on this as i havent spent to much time looking at it

Gearbox: standard 5 spd manual gearbox

Diff: standard 3.08:1

Power: untested

Wheels/Tyres: wheels unknown, tyres are a firehawk

Suspension: standard shocks with king spring ultralows in rear and unsure about the fronts but they are a bluey/silverish colour

Brakes: standard VT brakes

Interior: Standard Spack interior with the blue colour in the seats

Stereo: standard speakers with a jvc headunit

Other Mods: violet neons in driver and passenger footwells, darkened taillights

Future Mods:

4 point camber kit
aftermarket shocks (unsure what to go with)
3.7 diff rebuild maybe 3.9
VZ monaro bodykit
VZmonaro front and rear lights
Billet Quickshifter
Aftermarket tune
Mild cam

and maybe replacing original gauges with digital ones??

Soundsytem will eventually be;

alpine X type 12" sub with an alpine IXA-W404e headunit then i will run VIFA speakers and jaycar amps ( the only reason for VIFA speakers nad jaycar amps is that my dad is state manager for SA and NT so i will save a few bucks where i can)

at the moment im only working part time so it will be hard to fund the mods that i would like to do but im looking for fulltime work aswell

Last edited:

Crazykarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
so i have also darkened my taillights they are probably too dark but if i get some bright globes i think i will get away with it until i replace them with the monaro tailights :D

rushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
still saving
by darkened he means darker than the paint work of the car. hahahahaha mate u are gonna need some real bright globes to see them!

Crazykarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
finally started working so gonna start earning some money...first will be a camber kit so i dont destroy the tyres, then a full service and maybe a tune? and then a short shifter from billets?
where abouts do i need to go to order them? and how hard are they to install in VT's?

Crazykarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
so now that im working finally i can start to spend a bit of money on my car

recently i had a two point nolathane camber kit installed for $178 which im pretty happy with the wheels are pretty straight now still tilted a little bit but i need to get a wheel alignement and balance which will help it out more

this week i ordered a billets short/quick shifter to replace the original and that arrived today :smoking:

now hopefully i can get beefy to give me a hand and this will go in on sunday and if everything goes to plan i should be driving it sunday arvo again

i have also done a dash conversion and changed all my LEDs over to purple...but unfortunaley i ahve stuffed up somewhere along the lines and the LEDs only light up certain spots on the speed and rev cluster so over the next couple of weeks this problem will be dealt with as well

as for my next mod after the shifter im thinking maybe diff?
or i start doing my sound system...the one i have now is pretty much dead and has no bass especially coming from the VL with the twin alpine R types

i will keep you posted on what is too come shortly

Attachments

• 24096_1332817571313_1557243478_833360_3066990_n.jpg
    24096_1332817571313_1557243478_833360_3066990_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 24096_1332818451335_1557243478_833362_1326707_n.jpg
    24096_1332818451335_1557243478_833362_1326707_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 181