Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Berlina

james[tt]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA
So i just bought a VX berlina, i love it to bits, my favourate commadore i love it.

I've got approxemently 1-2k to do what i want with it. But i dont want to spend all of that money because i need to do alot more stuff with my cash.
Anyway the reason why im making a thread is because i want some ideas on what type of rims to get on my VX. I just want something that is at a resable price and looks good.

Modifications that Need to be done:
- 18 / 19'' Wheels
- Chrome Grill DONE
- Sound System DONE
- Double Din Head Unit
- Calais Shifter
- FootLight LED's
- Dash LED's
- Windows Tinted
- Lowered

Here is a pic of my car, tell me what you guys think i should do.

cartwo.jpg

carthree.jpg

:>

Last edited:

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
That looks tidy.Do you know what the colour is?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Looks like a good start mate. With 2k id throw out any ideas of power as you just aren't going to get it (I'm assuming it's a 6). If your clever it should cover some rims (vy sigs ftw) some lowered springs (SL's, SSL's if your hardcore) and some tint, with some coin left over.

james[tt]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA
nice start mate. as DM said, lower, rims (19'2 or 20's) dependin on cash levels..

edit - also, remove the towbar if ur not using it! and ur mudflaps (priceless mod) ;)

Yeah man like i got 2k to spend on it but im really not sure what to be looking for, like what will suit the car or anything (mabye you could post up what rims would look good with it :p)

Ive got the toebar on becuase I haven't had the time to take it off and im not sure i want to atm, like my mums bmw, someone crashed into her toebar kinda proetected her car, so untill i can kinda start to trust other drives i may take it off :p haha

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
looks good man, you should try get a kit for it, VT lips for example, they should fit

Dearle_18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VX II Berlina
Hi mate,
I also have a vx berlina.
I brought it with vy ss wheels already on it and I'm happy with the way they look (but their only 17s :(

Look at the ve ssv rims look good, but I hear take some work to fit on
The cv8-r monaro rims look good to

Go for 18s minimum

Also need to lower it, definitely worth it.

Cheers Dearle_18

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Looks like a good start mate. With 2k id throw out any ideas of power as you just aren't going to get it (I'm assuming it's a 6). If your clever it should cover some rims (vy sigs ftw) some lowered springs (SL's, SSL's if your hardcore) and some tint, with some coin left over.

High ratio roller rockers and a nos kit under 2g.
But if your not going for performance get some nice 18'' rims and lower it.