Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iChris' VX Daily

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
picked up this as a daily to replace my trusty old VR statesman. I've owned a commodore in the past, a VS exec so it's somewhat new to me to have a commodore that's newer.

model:
VX II (not sure if it's a lumina or acclaim, has power windows/mirrors, power driver's seat, trip computer and cruise and ABS)

engine/mechanical:
ecotec with OTR CAI, no other mods. auto.
stock exhaust and wheels. stock suspension and brakes. a/c works!

interior:
stock, factory sound system. black ice little tree, obligatory.

exterior:
stock. not sure what the colour is called, looks bronzy to me.

plans:
new deck to replace the factory one, get the windows re-tinted and give it a good detail. the brake light on the spoiler needs replacing, it's just blanked off. delete tow ball and keep it clean. maybe get a piano black dash facia/paint my own. fix the fuel door, sometimes the hatch pops open. needs a new front passenger's speaker grille and the plastic on the h/vac control has bubbled a little in one place. boot leaks a little, probably from bootlid garnish or spoiler. I'll need to fix that too.

1_zps1ab5eed5.jpg

2_zpsca0a9912.jpg

3_zps2133feb6.jpg

4_zps676a019b.jpg

D

devilly

nice :) watch the window tinting if you go to dark can be defected.also noticed with your boot that it seals at the top but not the bottom.easy as fix is 2 screws on the locking mech undo them move it back into place which is down and do them up again :) every time it closes it can push this bracket up out of alignment.black rubber mats on the floor would look cool and protect the carpet.Tyre kitten black for the skirts around the bottom of the car would look awesome.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks. obviously this car being my daily it's going to be all legal, including the tint.

the boot all seems to line up but I think it's letting a little water in through the spoiler holes and from behind the boodlid garnish.

also need to get some rubber mats, I work a messy job so it will be good to protect the carpet.

I got a new h/vac control panel to replace the one in the car. if anyone could link me to a diagram to show what vacuum hoses connect to what that would be great.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've done a few bits on the VX over the past week, new oil + filter, new engine belt, replaced rocker cover gaskets (was leaking a little), new air filter, cooling system check/flush/new coolant, new parkers/low beams, new brake lights (replaced all globes) and now have the boot lid spoiler brake light working.

next on the list are brakes, fuel filter, plugs and leads, possibly o2 sensors. want to get it running it's best as it's my work car and I need it to be reliable. so far it's pretty good on fuel, used half a tank in a week and a half. also need to loose the tow kit. I don't like the look of it.

gave it a good wash this evening (for the first time since I've had it, I've only just cleaned it with the pressure washer beforehand) and it came up well. could do with a claybar and a wax though and I'll get to that over the coming weeks. it's by no means perfect - it's got heaps of door marks on the protector strips and it's fair share of scratches but nothing major. I've only found one trolley ding so far.

F105DBD9-532C-4CF8-AE75-1A3051D64CDB_zpscbsvbxjv.jpg

1_zps86cc8a2a.jpg

D

devilly

on top of the thermostat is a werid little bleeder value make sure you get the air bubbles out of the cooling system.watch it on the plugs and leads i finally think i have worked it out its a twist pull method and then once off push the spring back in ,then push twist method back on.don't loose the tow kit,it keeps people away from tailgating u.i just painted mine :) so its not shiny and reflects the sun in my eyes and then hit it with my leg.love that exhaust tip looks awesome :) your doing a wicked job keep it up :)

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks. I've been keeping a close eye on the temperature and coolant level and running the heater full hot every day for 10 minutes to be sure, no bubble sounds from behind the dash and it's running at the same temperature as before so I'm fairly certain that all air was bled out.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
a couple of pics taken after a good wax. might even get some monaro rear lamps cos race car :driving:

B52E8407-9FBD-4B50-8D98-72015CCE5A73_zpsb98ec172.jpg

1EE5FC82-2B25-4A19-A36A-ACA7771851ED_zpse18e97b0.jpg

Last edited:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Pretty clean man noice pickup