Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boingk's VT II Wagon - "The Pursuit Wagon"

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Hey there guys, a few firsts for me here. I'm new to the forum, and have just bought my first Holden which is also my first V8. I live in NSW, soon moving out West, and have been around Commodores for years but never owned one myself.

IMAG0263.jpg

She's a 2000 model Berlina with 220,000km and the auto gearbox, everything works fine and she seems very well looked after. The 16" CSA rims are sporting 225 width tyres and seem to hook up well.

Plans for her are a 2.5" twin system catback, extractors, OTRCAI... and maybe a basic mailorder tune after all that.

I'm chasing 225rwkw, doesn't sound like much but for me 300hp at the wheels would be plenty. Hell, it goes hard with whatever it has now!

Thanks for having me.

- boingk

Last edited:

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Fixed the photo above and thought I'd post up the typical engine bay shot:

IMAG0275.jpg

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Husky, I went with a mob based in Ballarat called LSXtreme. They've been tuning the engines for almost a decade and working with them since they came out. They reckon that for a stock camshafted engine their mail order tune will work 99% as well as an in house tune. Their only caveat is that any internal mechanical, camshaft, injector or intake modifications will need in-house tuning as they can't guarantee it otherwise.

I am going mafless and have read up a fair bit on it, it seems the way to go for a few reasons so that good. Only downside is that its fairly sensor dependant, if I understand right, but so long as the engine sensors are good then everything will keep on running fine.

The only thing I'm worried about now is connecting the Pacemaker extractors up - I'm assuming they'll need to be welded to the cats?

Cheers - boingk

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks good. Those mods you want will def see you get 225rwkw but I would go diff gears upgrade to 3.73 for a daily auto
before any other mods as best bang for buck performance increase (faster acceleration) if I could do things over again with my car..then the other mods follow..enjoy the ride..

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Thanks kanga, good suggestion but I want to keep the nice low rpm for freeway cruising. This is going to be a bit of a workhorse so the number one rule is it has to stay practical. If I do anything to the driveline it might be a slightly higher stall converter. Nice vx by the way!

I picked up the extractors yesterday, and the fellow threw in the stock cats it was fitted with, so a few new gaskets and it will all bolt straight in. Beauty.

Pics when I get to installing.

- boingk

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Cheers m8..actually even with my cam and the 3.73 gears I got over 700kms to a tank on a recent trip over to Vic
and it sat on about 2200rpm at 110 kmph so was happy with that..best of both worlds..

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Geez that's not bad, may be worth looking at then. What do you run her on, 95 or 98?

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
Nice wags! Good model and great colour, but I'm biased :)