Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vy ss

H

hothouse_ss

hi guys just after some advice, am looking at lowering my vy ss. if i use kings super lows, how much lower than the standard fe2 suspension would it be? or should i go ssl in the rear and sl in the front? i would like the guards to just sit down level with the top of the tyres or just over the tyres when i am finish

thanks heaps

H

hothouse_ss

come on guys someone must have some info to help me?? my car currently sits 365mm front and 380mm rear from centre of wheel to lip of guard. i want to take it down to around 325mm front and rear.... what are you guys experiances???

B

BLACK346

hothouse_ss said:
come on guys someone must have some info to help me?? my car currently sits 365mm front and 380mm rear from centre of wheel to lip of guard. i want to take it down to around 325mm front and rear.... what are you guys experiances???

Sorry, just saw this thread.
KHFL-47HD (Front)
KHRL-45C (Rear)
Will drop your FE2 by approx 30mm. If you want
to go lower than this, you will need to go the Ultra Lows.
These will make the car look bloody awesome, but it will
be illegal and a bitch to drive anywhere (even unloaded).
If you want some photos of my VT2 with the above springs
and on 18's , PM me your email address. I also went for
shorter dampers as well, as I didn't like the ride after
I put the springs in (got a little bouncy).
Cheers

H

hothouse_ss

finally lowered my car today, put king springs in it... used 47sl in the front and 46ssl in the rear.... looks great, very firm ride but i like it that way. the car still has very slight front rake. overall very happy..

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
sorry i wasn't on this thread to give u some information. i lowered my ss months ago, just for the information, i brought a vr comm. about 7 years ago, and slammed it used kings and monroe, hard ride. But this time i thought id try something different and went lovells progresive rate and kyb shocks from the states. all my suspension was supplied to me as a test car, from a company we deal with at work. for eg. the rear shocks are twice as fat as standards and short stroke and the cars sits and looks tuff, rides a little harder than standard, and really handles when u want it to handle.

jai vyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
finally lowered my car today, put king springs in it... used 47sl in the front and 46ssl in the rear.... looks great, very firm ride but i like it that way. the car still has very slight front rake. overall very happy..
hey mate i just got a vy ss wanting to lower it dont no how far to go with it could you send me a pic of your ride cheers jai.