Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing bulb on fog light

slats84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S PACK
Hi All
Just picked up a replacement bulb for my fog light for my vy s pack.
Now i have had a read through all the posts in regards to replacing the bulbs on the foglights and am no clearer on the process.
Is this an easy process that is a 2 minute job, or being in a difficult place it is rather tricky to change? My knowledge is limited and any assistance would be great!
Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
there are 3 nuts on the back of the light you will have to remove these nuts and take the whole light out then its very easy to change, is can be hard to get the light out without making the paint as it can be a tight fit.

If you jack the car up it will be much easier but of you do support the car with a stand

slats84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S PACK
thanks mate for the feedback
Its just that i read somewhere that you had to remove the front bar and stuff

kayveebee76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VY Commodore Wagon V6
i had to do this last week on my VY...got to remove front bar to get to get to the last nuts on the headlights....no way around it. you could try undoing the 2/3 nuts holding the bar on near the radiator and try pulling the bar forward to get to it but i reckon you'll crack or scratch your paint. there are threads about on how to remove the bar...the guide makes it real easy for you. should take you about 25 mins.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
i had to do this last week on my VY...got to remove front bar to get to get to the last nuts on the headlights....no way around it. you could try undoing the 2/3 nuts holding the bar on near the radiator and try pulling the bar forward to get to it but i reckon you'll crack or scratch your paint. there are threads about on how to remove the bar...the guide makes it real easy for you. should take you about 25 mins.

??????? he was asking about fog lights not headlights, but yes to get the headlight out the bar has to come off

kayveebee76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VY Commodore Wagon V6
oops...sorry.