Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Wear on VY

T

Tapper

I am just wondering if anyone has had trouble with VYs scrubbing front tyres. I've had left hand front tyres being replaced every 5000kms. Removed shims on right hand strut to prevent the severe left hand pulling. Finally car drives reasonable on highway, but this has caused the right hand tyre to start scrubbing, but not to the extent as before. As I am now on my 10th set of tyres at only 40,000kms I am very interested if anyone has had similar problems.

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Nope I've never had problems like that but how low is yours as that could be causing the problem

Maybe take it to a Subspension place to get it checked out :unsure:

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
10 sets of tyres in 40000 kms, are you sure you are not supplying the local lads burnout club. You have a serious problem. It sounds like a steering problem but it could be a few other things. Check the cars history if you can it may have had some serious front damage and could not have been repaired properly. Are you taking it back to the same place to get the work done?

T

Tapper

I have owned the car since new & have never had any front end damage. I have always returned the car to the dealer that I purchased it from. The Dealer & Holden don't want anything to do with it. It's had 4 wheel alignments,2 in spec 2 out,another 3 not accounted for (lost paper work). The latest alignment was in spec both front & rear.Due to the tyres being on the rear for 8000kms before being rotateded to the front it dosen't count.Even though prevuosly they were quite happy to use tyres from the rear.This 10th set are new ,inspected fortnightly and alingment to be checked every 2000kms.
This car should of been painted yellow! Its had a clutch,pressure plate and flywheel replaced at 9000kms a hose and fuel gauge recall.A cluth slave cylinder replaced (gear box out again). A horn operating on its own accord due to a sticker curled up under the airbag.Then several fuel senders before the fuel tank warped.A new fuel tank another couple senders and finally a new fuel cap that fixed the whole problem!! And still only 42,000kms on the clock!! :b: :b: :b:

355boost

mate take the car back tell them your not leaving till you get a vz. my mate did it he had a 285 vy clubby the dealer addmited there is a problem with the diff design, the clutch design and that it was kept under wraps by holden. trust me mate the dealer principal let it slip my mate recorded it and 1 week later brand new 297 clubby all this after 11 months. True story! so mate snap and you never know