Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Specs

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Just wondering what are the specs for the stock exhaust that they put on the VY2 SS.
Just curious as i have been quoted $700 for a cat back system. and want to know what you guys run.
Can i get away with removing the resonator or changing the muffler? I thought the stock stainless system would be ok but its tooooo bloody quiet

Scotty

B

brockyslovechild

Hey Scotty,

Had the exhaust done on me VY1 SS last weekend. I put an intermediate section on, from the cats back, no resinators, and it sounds unreal! I play cricket with a guy who's done a fair bit of work to his vz maloo ute exhaust, and he heard mine and wished that he could get the same note that I had coming from rear! If you live in brisbane I'd be happy to hook up with you somewhere and give you a listen, so you could make up your own mind on which way to go! Noticed an ecer so slight better fuel economy too!

KeV...........

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Exhaust

Do you know what size system you put on???

Scotty

B

brockyslovechild

Hey Scotty,
Apologies for not replying sooner, have been flat out mate! System I put on was a 2 1/2".

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
OK guys
$600 bucks from a local Exhaust bloke and he said he will do a cat back single system for me. He said he can get better flow from a single 2.5 inch.
What is your opinion on the old single Vs Dual exhaust setup?
Scotty

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
I have now decided to go to twin 2 1/2 system with extractors from D&T in Adelaide.
Will have to see how that sounds and performs.

Scotty