Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Side mirrors<--> to VY

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
For what it is worth, I remember reading that one of the fine detail changes from VX to VY included many hours on the side view mirror design, to cut wind noise and drag.

Not sure how much it would be noticed in the real world but if you travel on the highway a lot it might be worth checking out first.

Then again, get a loud exhaust and you won't notice it..... :p

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
im fairly sure the vx mirrors will fir straight in,mirrors you could get for about 80 each brand new.

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
i want to do the same thing but Vu(Vx) to Vy, $189 per electric mirror(vu) but you would be able to sell your current mirrors to a spares placenot sure how much you will get back from them though, depends on the condition. or you could try to swap + a lil bit of money at a spares place, i did that with my Honda Legend headlights and saved myself $2000 compared to buying new headlights!

Let me know how you go with the fittament!
thanks

AlX

Reaction score
Website
www.aryadesigns.com
Members Ride
VY 2004 Calais II
VY with indicators on side mirrors...

Hey, Iam not sure at the moment :unsure: if iam gonna fit the VX side mirrors....although they gook GR8 but i am looking for side mirrors dat have indicators on it, like Honda or Mercedes...Any ideas, where i can get something like dat!??

Cheers PPL :drink:

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
you might be able to get the indicator DAT fits in to you original mirrors just have to wire them up.
DAT's prolly the best way.

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
i saw in the latest steet commodores magazine an add for a place that sell the european mirrors with indicators they fit holdens and they well very similar to the vx mirrors, It was a blue add about half a page add!

gen3_350_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss vy 5.7l M6
if your in sydney checkout www.ssv.com.au they are about $380 a pair for electric with indicators, theyre called m3 mirrors, hope this helps