Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

security code

randallbass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II "S" ute :)
hey guys im watching a 6 stacker on ebay that doesnt come with a code. im just wondering if theres anyway you can get it from holden or unlocked or something??

cheers guys

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I think Holden can get the code for you- for a price! Ring them and ask though, making sure to tell them that it's not out of your car, therefore VIN number unknown.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
If it comes with no code I wouldn't buy it.. stolen goods.. Why support a drug habit.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Holden won't give you the codes unless you have the VIN of the car it came out of.

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
When I forgot mine it took ownership papers and D/L before they would give it, I didnt have to pay for it though, lucky I guess.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If the seller does not have the code it's more than likely stolen. Don't encourage theft by buying suspect items like this.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
yup as TMM said, Holden wont give you the code without the VIN number, even if you go to a dodgey holden shop they cant do it, as the sterios serial number and the VIN number it came with need to match properly, its done with a computer that merges the VIN and serial number so to speak to give out the code..

kinda the same way when you install a program on your computer and you need the serial key for the software..

so in the end dude keep away from it, its most likely stolen, or even if its not its not going to be any use to you lol

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
yup as TMM said, Holden wont give you the code without the VIN number, even if you go to a dodgey holden shop they cant do it, as the sterios serial number and the VIN number it came with need to match properly, its done with a computer that merges the VIN and serial number so to speak to give out the code..

kinda the same way when you install a program on your computer and you need the serial key for the software..

so in the end dude keep away from it, its most likely stolen, or even if its not its not going to be any use to you lol

Where did you get that wrong bit of information from??

All that needs to be done is for a Holden dealer to fax a form away requesting the pin from the serial number from the unit.The VIN has nothing at all to do with it,the PIN is kept in Blaupunkt's (now Bosch's) records.

I've had a few radios that would not take the PIN that was on the owners card,stored in the BCM or on Holden's records.It usually turns out that a dealer or someone else has changed the unit without notifying Holden of the PIN and serial number change.

If you ever loose your PIN and it's the original radio,the number can be seen with TECH 2 from the BCM security settings.
That number is programmed into the BCM when the vehicle is built,but can be changed with TECH 2.The BCM does not know what radio is fitted because it doesn't have can-bus comms to the head unit like a VE does.
The number can also be looked up online in about 30 seconds by a Holden dealer.

If someone came into work that I didn't know and wanted a radio PIN,if it wasn't the number stored in the vehicles BCM or on Holden's records I probably wouldn't get the number for them unless they could prove where they legally got the radio from.
I can't believe anybody would waste their time stealing one of these units(even though they are piss-easy to remove),it was the first thing I took out of my VY.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
well i just pulled my 6 stacker outta my clubsport and put it in my wifes vy wagon and i dont have a security pin card looked threw all my booklets that i got with the car and nothing about a security number so all i goto do is goto holden and tell them the vin on my car and the code will work in her car correct??