Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control to VY Acclaim

hrforever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I'm looking at replacing the standard fan/heater controls in a VY Acclaim to the auto climate controls from a Berlina. Has anyone done this, or know whether or not it's just a plug in arrangement or is it more involved than this.
Any info would be great.

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Climate control in VY

Mate I think that this conversion would be a pain in the butt to do, you would have to get all the parts including new dash fascia, climate control panel, and any extra wiring that was needed, dont know if the sensors are even there in the car, climate control has one in the middle of the dash between the front demister vents. The other thing that might stuff you up is that I think the climate control (like most other things in VY's) is controlled and connected to the BCM in which case you would have to get one from a climate control car (i dont know if an edit program can change this). So all in all it proberbly a waste of time and money to do, may as well put that money in the bank towards something else.

Enjoy

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
VY2ENJOY said:
Mate I think that this conversion would be a pain in the butt to do, you would have to get all the parts including new dash fascia, climate control panel, and any extra wiring that was needed, dont know if the sensors are even there in the car, climate control has one in the middle of the dash between the front demister vents. The other thing that might stuff you up is that I think the climate control (like most other things in VY's) is controlled and connected to the BCM in which case you would have to get one from a climate control car (i dont know if an edit program can change this). So all in all it proberbly a waste of time and money to do, may as well put that money in the bank towards something else.

Enjoy

Agree, it may seriously be cheaper to sell the car and buy a climate control equipped car.

P

pest

As the car ages and you find more and more at the wreckers, it would be worth it then as the prices of parts would drop. In actual fact, I'm going to be doing this mod in the next 12 months to my SV8. With the VN-VS, Holden used esentially the same heater box but the computer contolled versions had vacuum motors and sensors on the box with a vacuum server block that was computer controlled so I can't see Holden changing much in the VT-VZ series in terms of Exec-Calais spec aircon/heat. There were other sensors such as the coolant heat sensor that are in the engine bay. With a good wiring diagram and a good look at a donor vehicle, this mod could be done, but as everyone else has stated, it would be a big job to do.