Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust brand debate for V6

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
i know about what sizes of exhaust to use n mufflers n stuff like that, this threads more intended to put brand against brand

What are the pros and cons of each brand (Genie, Pacemaker, Xforce, Tiger) and any more that can be thought of

Based off a simple 2.5inch single exhaust, and with the addition of a 4inch 200cpi xforce cat converter, which brands prove more benificial and are worth the money??

Also, do certain brands work with certain spec engines (for example, pacemakers go better with a stock motor whilst Xforce run better when rockers and intake mods are added)

lach.2620

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute
I got a Berklee put on mine on thursday and i reckon it sounds great, no power gains from it but atleast you can hear it now :)

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
was that a whole exhaust system?? with no gain?? i got 5rwh from just a catback

lach.2620

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Nah that was just the cat-back. Maybe i got some extra power but i havent had it dynoed, all I can say is it seems to pick up a bit quicker, but nothing major

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Redback Extractors
Stock cats
lukey 2.5" exhaust.

Droned like a bitch on the highway, but it seemed to liven the old girl up a bit.

These days i run a Manta 2.5" Maloo twin exhaust, twin Magnaflow cats and HM headers - sounds good but probably a bit big for an NA v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
on a v6 they pretty much all do the same, not a big gain and gauranteed drone

typical response from someone that has or is getting a V8 this shows you know nothing about the v6 exhaust.

I have HM headers and a 2.5" red back system and like it so whats what would say go with.
I did llike the sound better without the Hm headers but i like the power gain better so im keeping them.