Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy horn sounding when lock button is pressed

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
when i go to lock my car the horn sounds in 4 quick beeps, i have heard that it may be the actuator. How do i find out which door it is???

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
when i go to lock my car the horn sounds in 4 quick beeps, i have heard that it may be the actuator. How do i find out which door it is???

Take a look at each door after you have pressed the lock button and see which one hasnt gone down. The horn basically signals that either the actuator has gone (in which case the door cant lock) or a front door is ajar whilst trying to lock it (also meaning the door can't lock). Rear doors will lock whilst open, however I don't know if the horn will signal when an actuator goes in the rear door. Anyway, best chance to find out whats going on is to look at each lock on each door when you lock it, the lock that doesn't go down is your faulty one.

Ben

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
Take a look at each door after you have pressed the lock button and see which one hasnt gone down. The horn basically signals that either the actuator has gone (in which case the door cant lock) or a front door is ajar whilst trying to lock it (also meaning the door can't lock). Rear doors will lock whilst open, however I don't know if the horn will signal when an actuator goes in the rear door. Anyway, best chance to find out whats going on is to look at each lock on each door when you lock it, the lock that doesn't go down is your faulty one.

Ben

Ok thanx mate i try that, wouldu have any idea of wat a new actuator would cost?

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Ok thanx mate i try that, wouldu have any idea of wat a new actuator would cost?

I got one of mine done at holdens about six months ago. About $200 mark from memory. The receipt is filed away, cant be bothered finding it lol.

Probably marked up 100% knowing Holden.... Ask around at some local garages for prices, as it is a common problem.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
should be around $30 from a decent wrecker.....otherwise ebay even cheaper

ERDEM_CIMBOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute series II 2003
did you ever play around with ur wiring i had the same problem coz wen i bought my car all the cables were cut and i resoldered everything then it made that sound then discovered that the 2 of the 3 grey wires were connecteed incorrectly

Mavae23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS commodore
you can set it to sound the horn when locking/unlocking the car in the menu. does it still sound when you deactivated that?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I got one of mine done at holdens about six months ago. About $200 mark from memory. The receipt is filed away, cant be bothered finding it lol.

Probably marked up 100% knowing Holden.... Ask around at some local garages for prices, as it is a common problem.

If it went to a dealer you should check the plastic seal behind the door card has been replaced properly otherwise it can leak.

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
Got a new actuator from senatormike and installed it last week, all works good now and only took about 25 mins