Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unknown lose wires under car, HELP PLEASE

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
ok the last few days every time i go over a bump or take a corner i hear a thud coming from the front of my car, almost like the stabilizer has come off or the wheel is rubbing on the body kit or something,

so i looked under my car to check it out and found these 2 lose wires! they dont go together (female and female) and there are none near it so im not sure what they are! i dont have fog lights or anything :(

so i still have the problem of the noise that sounds like my body kit is being ripped off and now these unknown wires, i dont get any error codes when i start my car and ive had a good look and cant find anything they connect to,

could anyone please help me work out where they wires came from and also what could be causing the noise when i go over speed hump or small bumps in road (no my body kit isnt scrapping on the ground its not that low lol)

any help much appreciated, thanks guys

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
They are for the second horn, simply get hold of another horn, plug it in and make up a bracket to suit and you'll have two horns.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
really why would they make the wires just hang down like that? thats good to know that my car isnt going to shut down lol,

also with the sway bar i checked to see if they bushing are there and they look ok to me, a bit squished but still in tact on both sides, what else could it be?

cheers

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I'd be looking at where you are dumping oil/fluid as well while you are under there.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
I think your talking about the wet part on the second photo? It's actually just wet cause I washed my car then drove it on the wet road.... I hope.

It did have leaking radiator fluid when I got it but I think they just over filled it.

What do you think it is? You've got be worried now haha.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
haha cool as thanks for asking this question, i was wanting to know the same thing, .. i thought they were for driving lights, but didnt do anything, so i was stuffed to know what their for.. but anyways their horn wires hah thanks for clearing that up!!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'm not sure on what the wires are but I can see from the pics that you need new castor rod bushes as well as engine mounts. Your left engine mount is sagging and if you look at the rear of the sump it may actually be hitting the crossmember.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I would be having a professional checking out all the suspension components and bushes.

Yes that engine sump does seem to be sitting a bit too low and lopsided from the photo.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
:| yeah thanks for the help, im not sure how you can tell but ill take your word for it, ive gotta take it for a service soon so hopefully they'll check it all out, first service since i bought it so hopefully not too expensive :| **** now youve got me worried, haha. gonna book it into holden asap