Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can you reset the service reminder before due service interval?

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Hello everyone!

I'm going to service my car 2,000 kms before its service interval of 10,000 kms since my oil looks dirty and is below the add line on the dipstick.

Just curious if its possible to reset my service reminder thats displayed on my trip computer (even when it hasn't displayed itself yet)?

Also, any ideas how to reset it....i've forgotten how to?

Many thanks guys and girls

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Cant reset if it isnt displayed.

To reset,

Ignition off, hold down the up and down buttons together, cycle ignition while still holding the buttons, then once it prompts you visually and audibly release the up and down and hold down Set until it clears. (or maybe it's mode, cant remember off the top)

redlion05

Red Lion 05
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2
Thanks for your advice SabbathSS. I'm still going to change my oil and filter since its lost a fair bit of oil and I don't really want to add new oil with dirty oil.

Would you say its common for the oil to burn quicker if you drive alot of freeway kms or? Possibly the oil grade as well? I was told that the dealership has placed Castrol Magnetec 10w-30.

I've purchased Castrol Modern Engine 10w-30 instead for my next oil change

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
i personally would be running 15w-50.. as 10 might be too thin and is causing the oil to burn (the older the car the thicker you should go)

i have a vx commodore with 180,000km on it and im running motul power (15w-50) and i change the oil every 20,000km with no problems at all..

some mechanics at dealerships dont know what their doing... most of them are apprentices.