Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Has anyone had any experience with the cold air intake that goes straight from the top of the radiator into the throttle body without going via the air box area?? The MAF gets removed so obviously a tune is required.
Looking at a magazine that he showed me it looked pretty good but am not sure who makes it.
I got quoted this today from a local performance shop and would like to know what everyone else is running.
I have VY2 SS with Pacemaker header, twin 2 and a half system with high flow mufflers and resonator.

Scotty

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
I've only ever seen that kind of intake on serious motors, so it must be a decent set up. How much did they want to do it?

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
About $1300 including the Mafless tune

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Thats not too bad at all, assuming its a custom tune.

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
Well i think it is. The car goes into SVE for the mods then driven down to where the Dyno is.

Scotty

ross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
I have a SV8, get a mafless tune and Over Radiator intake. The ORCAI takes about .3 off your quater mile time. I've got a homemade one I just use at the drag strip, and for road use have got a GTS pipe, with a second hole mod for more air flow. This does the job great on the road. Just ask your tuner what he recommends. Where you getting it done?

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
SVE at Lonsdale (south of Adelaide) will do the fitting and a place in Edwardstown will do the tune.
I will speak to the Guy up the road that does my service work and see what he says about this mod and warranty etc.

Scotty