Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Warning Light

Barrie

VY II Police Pack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive [Police Pack]
Hi there guys, I'm hoping that someone can help me out.
My VY II Exec [police pack] had the Air Bag Warning come on the LCD, it also had the SRS light come on too, I went to my mechanic who using the OBD said it was a seat belt pretensioner thing and that it may need replacing if it happened again. Well it did, only this time I was clearing the rubbish from my car and I've found a loose wire under the drivers seat, does anyone have any idea where it's supposed to go? I'm hoping it is the cause of the annoying warning I get and that by plugging it back in I can save loads of cash too!

Thanks guys

F1carbonuk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevy Lumina SS
Unfortunately you won't save loads of cash because simply plugging it in will not remove the warning light. They have to be reset by the dealer, bollocks I know, have the same issue with mine, removed the seat to remove the handbrake and didn't realise I had to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the SRS wiring under the seat...

VYCallahan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2 Police Pack
F1carbonuk, thanks for the reply. The loose wire is already unplugged and I was hoping to plug it back in. Looks like it's going in to the mechanics :(