Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Thermostat problems

ozteel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder S 6spd
Hey guys new as of today and was gunning it everywhere then traffic slowed down and was slowly moving it was raining all during this then all of a sudden engine heat gauge spiked so i turned around and went to nearest servo stopped and turned off car. thermos where still running so i poured water over engine and waited 5 mins then hopped back in and drove home as driving home the gauge kept spiking up and down so when i got home stopped and left car running and gauge slowly went to 3/4 then dropped back to the usual 1/4. took it for a spin and as i was driving around gauge was spiking up and down again. just wondering if anyone had the same problem and what the outcome was and if any got any suggestions?? cheers

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
When its doing this, does your heater blow hot air if you turn it on?

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well this is the vy section so you may wanna try post this the the vz section and not the vy because the vz uses a different motor in the v6 model

ozteel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder S 6spd
lol sorry thought i was missread ill re post it there cheers...

and bandit i actually havent tried.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
was gunning it everywhere it was raining all during this : then all of a sudden engine heat gauge spiked

It's called karma. Driving around in the rain like a fruitloop. Nice.