Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mysterious water leak. (water drips from bonnet lever?!?)

theragert

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina
Hey guys
first post on the site but I've been reading for about a year, learning alot! researching and I ended up with a HBD VY Berlina with 60k on the clock in a sexy shanghai red!
The car is great except for this damn leak which is driving me insane!

The leak seems to be coming from the drivers footwell from under/behind the dash on the right side and dripping down the bonnet release lever, It happens when water is run over the drivers side pillar/door.

I have cleaned out all the "plugs" on the drivers door, are there any plugs/drain holes under the bonnet or ones I may have missed?

I had a look at the weather strip on the roof of the car, saw a gap figured i would seal it just incase that was the cause but it has not helped.

Could a faulty door seal/weather strip cause the water to leak out from BEHIND AND UNDER the dash?

Any ideas as to WHERE this water is coming in?

theragert

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina
UPDATE:

seems to be comming in from the bottom of the windscreen, I will be having it checked and windscreen resealed in the next few days will update if it solves the problem

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Yeah probably the windscreen. I haven't heard of a door leaking on a VT-VZ unless the cars been in a smash.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
My VT leaked from the bottom of the drivers side windscreen from new. Took Holden til almost he end of waranty period to confirm, find and fix the problem.
Get them to pressure test it. It leaks where the three body panels meet. Apparently sometimes not enough sealant went in.
Fix was to remove windscreen, reseal body panel joins and refit windscreen.

darmss27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I have the same problem in my vz sv6. did getting the windscreen resealed work?? I'm not too keen on payng $200 if it doesnt work.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yep Same Thing Here, Turns out about Half of the side of the windscreen was not sealed at all, $120 to have it resealed. fixed it no dramas at all now :)