Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intermittent ignition problems

Mase1990

VY Storm 03
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm 03
Hey, just recently my car has had some issues starting. Sometimes when i put the key in and turn it nothing happens, the dash and everything lights uP but it doesn't even try to kick over. It only happens sometimes and can take 4-5 times before it feels like kicking over. Is this the start of something ****?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Go out to your car and insert the key into the ignition. Now press unlock on the key button and try to start it straight away. If this works, I may be able to help with your problem.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Not sure with your VY m8, but with the VT's its a common issue with the key..you turn it all lights up but wont start..takes 3-4 times sometimes before it kicks over.could be just a key issue :)

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
i have heard that sometimes that little metal nipple next the the T bar of the key doesnt make good contact with the metal ring around the ignition when you insert and turn the key, and this will cause your car to not start? i think its meant to be a safety feature to make it harder for people to start the car by shoving things down the ignition. make sure this little nipple is making good contact so give it and the metal ring a clean and get down and look to see if it actualy makes contact when turning the key. hope this helps