Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Headlight globes

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
I want to change my globes from those standard s****y amber/yellow looking ones to a full set of pure white ones, however i dont want to go to HID's because i dont have patience or the money for them.
I tried 5000k xenons in it however they were a little too blue for my liking and, like mentioned before i really want them as pure white as i can get them as i believe they would really make the front of the car at night time.
Anyone have any suggestions on what globes to put in?
Cheers!
Keep modding

tuckinvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L S pack
hey bud, i just changed mine over a few weeks ago, so worth it looks amazing and so much better to drive with, i got phillips diamond vision 5000k, they are very white with a tiny tad of blue in them, if you want just white and nothing else i would recommend getting the phillips crystal vision or Philips X-treme Vision. much better and easier than HID and just as bright, dont go buy any phillips h4 globes from autobarn or supercheap u will pay out of ur arse! im talking $140-200 a pair. instead buy them on ebay thats where i got mine best bloke with great products and star ratings names "mwmwmw988mastinu", sold me em for $47 with free postage it arrived within 3 days well packed and working.

make sure you dont touch the glass when fitting them:) and also u will have to remove your battery to get to that side of the headlight but 10 min job all up with right tools so worth it, good luck mate,

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
i would recommend getting the phillips crystal vision
Great set of lights, mine came with white parkers as well.

As far as changing them goes, I removed the front bumper and the whole light fitting, gave the lense a good buff and sprayed some corrosion resistor on the connectors (cause they were slightly corroded).

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
hi guys, i ended up getting a new set of vy ss lights for the front and fitted narva H4's and H1 globes, seems to be ALOT better than the standard globes, longer light, brighter and crystal white :) Money well spent!
Do you have any pics of the crystal vision globes?
Cheers