Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Audio, Post pics of ur VY Headunit and SOundsytem

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
HEY GUYS :thumbsup:
I was just wondering how many people have changed the stock H/U in their VY's and how it looked. So any1 hoo has a VY with an aftermarket H/U plz post pics of it :thumbsup: Im only 15 but am lookin into buyin a second hand VY when i turn 18 :D and i was wondering how the aftermarket Headunits look in these beautys

THANX!! :w00t:
Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Frandy said:
HEY GUYS :thumbsup:
Im only 15 but am lookin into buyin a second hand VY when i turn 18 :D

VY is an awfully expensive car for someone that age. Your insurance will be HUGE, you may not even be allowed to drive one, especially on 'P' plates. :bop:

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Ive got one on my P's, got it two weeks ago, insurance is $2030 with AAMI, im 19 in nov.

Headunits are difficult to put in, i mean not really, its simple but difficult to do right.

Firstly you need something to cover the 2nd slot, you can get covers off ebay that change the bottom 1/2 into a coin holder or whatever.

Secondly changing to a system other than a blapunkt means you lose the steering wheel controls as they are the only ones who are wired for them, there are ways around this (as i posted the other day) but they are little hacks that make it less nice and more work than simply plugging in a new headunit.

As a 18 year old ull want an aftermarket unit in there (i know i do) but it is a lot more effort than you expect. You're looking at adding about $150 bucks onto whatever unit you buy so that you can get a professional look and the use of the wheel controls.

azteche

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Exec
Beef up Your Stereo

maxy0987 said:
Ive got one on my P's, got it two weeks ago, insurance is $2030 with AAMI, im 19 in nov.

Headunits are difficult to put in, i mean not really, its simple but difficult to do right.

Firstly you need something to cover the 2nd slot, you can get covers off ebay that change the bottom 1/2 into a coin holder or whatever.

Secondly changing to a system other than a blapunkt means you lose the steering wheel controls as they are the only ones who are wired for them, there are ways around this (as i posted the other day) but they are little hacks that make it less nice and more work than simply plugging in a new headunit.

As a 18 year old ull want an aftermarket unit in there (i know i do) but it is a lot more effort than you expect. You're looking at adding about $150 bucks onto whatever unit you buy so that you can get a professional look and the use of the wheel controls.

I've just turned 18 and Also have a VY.
Im paying $1900 with SGIO

Um, I've beefed up my exsisting Blaupunkt sound system.
Added 2 amps + 2 6x9's and a Sub,
Im also going to buy a DVD Roofmount In car player ($250) from ebay
in the future, So i have MP3 ability, and also so can watch video clips
:D Chepeast way of doing I found, AND you get to keep the NICE looking
Blaupunkt Stereo Face + Controls.

A!

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
AAMI standard is 2030, with the skilled drives class you can do drops it by 10% each year till you are 25. Means once i do this class (in a few weeks) it'll be $1800 (close to anyway)

The sound out of the stereo is fine i mean, for every day stuff its ok, if you want it better (which i do) you have to go azteche's route and just fill it up with a few amps and stuff.
Thats all well and good, but id like to be able to play mp3s and stuff without having to put in another system (like a dvd player) plus i think you can get a nicer looking headunit than the blapunkt with a bit of effort

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
i'm only paying $480 a year for Full Comprehensive with fire and theft :D
I'm 22

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
azteche said:
I've just turned 18 and Also have a VY.
Im paying $1900 with SGIO

Um, I've beefed up my exsisting Blaupunkt sound system.
Added 2 amps + 2 6x9's and a Sub,
Im also going to buy a DVD Roofmount In car player ($250) from ebay
in the future, So i have MP3 ability, and also so can watch video clips
:D Chepeast way of doing I found, AND you get to keep the NICE looking
Blaupunkt Stereo Face + Controls.

A!

Are you in W.A. ?

If so did you do the radio mods yourself or did you get someone to sort it out for you ?

azteche

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Exec
I got the speakers installed by Strathfields, (cost me $65)
They also gave me a wiring diagram to hook everything up free of charge,
Then my dad and i just spent 1 weekend putting in the amp + sub and connecting everything. Took most of the day to get it right. LOL (or it could of been that Hahn Premium we were knocking back?) LOL

A!

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
:p Kool as! Does anyone know how much it is to professionally install and aftermarket H/U in the VY, including dash facia, and where from. My cousin is looking into doing it and he was just wondering how much it cost? :unsure:
And how much do u rekon a VY Series 2 S-pack 5-spd Manual would be in about 4 years?

Cheers :w00t:

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, i forgot to ask
azteche & maxy0987 what VY's do you guys have?

Cheers