Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VYII Berlina

Brandon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
Hi all,
I have a late 2004 VYII Berlina, with probably about 99,000kms. When I am going less than 5kms or stopped, and go to turn, the car shutters and vibrates as I turn. I was just wondering if this was a big problem, or something to be worried about?
Thanks.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Power steering I'd suspect. Check levels, hose and associated mounts. This is not normal and if you are worried just get it looked at ;)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hi all, \nI have a late 2004 VYII Berlina, with probably about 99,000kms. When I am going less than 5kms or stopped, and go to turn, the car shutters and vibrates as I turn. I was just wondering if this was a big problem, or something to be worried about?\nThanks.
It was a common fault with the VY. Was originally rectified under recall. They need a larger, higher pressure PS line fitted.
Mine still does this as I've never bothered putting the new lines on. Only needs to be fixed if it's pissing you off.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
If It was done under recall, I'd say talk to holden about it and see if they can fix it for free. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Brandon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina
Thanks everyone,
I'll most likely be having it serviced at Holden in a few weeks, so I'll talk to them then.
Cheers.