Having some trouble with my VY commodore (standard V6 exec model) not starting :-(
- car cranks fine for 3-5 sec, then seems to turn over like it's started, then stalls off. It's then about 10-15 sec before the key turning does anything, only to do the same thing again and again.
- there is a spark in every plug
- when turning the key to ignition, the fuel pump primes, indicting that there is power to the pump.
- when the filter is unplugged, and key is turned, fuel definately flows well (onto my face actually)
- the car worked absolutely fine yesterday morning, then failed to start yesterday afternoon.
So... I'm stumped. The only thing that I'm thinking is that i dropped my keys in some water yesterday. Could that be causing my dilemmas?
Any help would be much appreciated!!
if the key is not sending the code to the bcm then your car wont start is will kill injector paulse try drying the key disconect the battery in the car and try. do you have a second key ?
i dnt know much about vy6 cylinders, i know vy v8s dnt run regs but see if the 6s do an try changing that, if it sounds like its missing a cylinder but still sparks then check your in jectors 1 by 1, justryin ta help bro, good luck man, once its fixed put on the thread what it was,
Have you checked the fuel pressure? It can still have flow when disconnected but not enough pressure. Have you checked all the hoses connected into the inlet manifold to see if any have come off or are split etc? Also will it run if after it starts tyou hold it off idle?