Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy cold air intake

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
around the forums here i have learnd that ss inductions can actually decrase your throttlte response, and power, however the mighty sponsor of justcomodores "FIT Inductions" can help i think their link is always at the bottom of the page

Ralph1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SSZ
I'm with Cameron, steer clear of these waste of money/time pieces of crap. This has been covered in many other forums b4, PM me if you want more info.

C

cmelb

I got the VY SS Intake with the K&N Filter all up it cost $500 SS Intake and K&N Filter, and there is a noticeable improvement. Look if you have $500 to spend get the SS Intake I have no regrets.

The engine breaths alot better now with the SS Intake and set of pacemakers and performance exhaust.

C

cmelb

I have noticed fuel improvement especially on the freeway, haven't really paid that much attention to the fuel though.

The SS intake wont make you fall back into your seat, but you will notice a difference, increased power and the engine running more smoothly.

Everyone has different opinions on spending $400 for the SS Intake with the aluminum scoop, like I wrote before if you have $400 to spend get the SS Intake as I have no regrets with mine. If you haven't got $400 to spend then just use a PVC pipe to get cold air from under your car.

H

HOLDON

cops h8 us "P" platers although wen i got pulled over i deserved it!.....Dam unda cover cars!!!!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
HOLDON said:
cops h8 us "P" platers although wen i got pulled over i deserved it!.....Dam unda cover cars!!!!

lol relevant post?

calaiscruise

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Calais VYII Gen3 5.7L V8 + Impco Sequent LPG
Make your own cold air induction?

cmelb said:
I have noticed fuel improvement especially on the freeway, haven't really paid that much attention to the fuel though.

The SS intake wont make you fall back into your seat, but you will notice a difference, increased power and the engine running more smoothly.

Everyone has different opinions on spending $400 for the SS Intake with the aluminum scoop, like I wrote before if you have $400 to spend get the SS Intake as I have no regrets with mine. If you haven't got $400 to spend then just use a PVC pipe to get cold air from under your car.

I have also been wrestling with the idea of spending $500 for a few pieces of vacuum formed plastic, to fix the remedy the poorly designed VYII air box.

I planned to make my own ducting but when I removed the black plastic radiator cover I could not see any possible path from the air box to cold air, without having to cut sheet metal below the passenger headlight. Which explains the convoluted (SS inductions & Aunger) designs.

Has anyone heard of a successful do-it-yourself cold air ducting install, without cutting sheetmetal? Or is there a cheepar alternative to SS ($500) or Aunger ($300)? :confused: