Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best exhuast

A

alex88

what would be the best power gain exhuast combo for a manual ecotec, also if theres no cat does that add some power.

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
For a start, it's illegal to not have a cat converter on any unleaded car, as for the best system on an ECOTEC, I too would be open for any suggestions, ie: best brand of extractors, mufflers, and who in Melbourne (in my case) makes the best pipe setup.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I don't know about what is best, but had a 2 1/2" stainless cat back system with pacemaker headers installed by D&T here in adelaide. Over all gain was 30rwkw and a nice note to the rear as well. Have been told that these guys know what they are doing and have similar if not the same systems on their own cars.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
but was the CAT standard? or after market one?

V

vyyoot

ardseidel I find it hard to beleive you gained 30rwkw with just an exhaust system. This would mean around 50kw at the motor! A stock 200kw V6 ECOTEC I doubt it!!Do you have dyno sheets to prove it or is that what your supplier told you?

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
vyyoot said:
ardseidel I find it hard to beleive you gained 30rwkw with just an exhaust system. This would mean around 50kw at the motor! A stock 200kw V6 ECOTEC I doubt it!!Do you have dyno sheets to prove it or is that what your supplier told you?

Have the final dyno printout from when I took it back after a couple of weeks and came in at 131rwkw. Pre mods came in at 99 from what i can remember, although I don't have that printout anymore. Can post up a copy if you really want to see........

delsa001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
hello ardseidel i was just curious to roughfully how much it cost because i am starting to look around for a new exhaust

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
delsa001 said:
hello ardseidel i was just curious to roughfully how much it cost because i am starting to look around for a new exhaust

I'll have a look at the invoice included when I get home later tonight (am off to see the SA thump WA in the 20/20), but was $1300 for the full system.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
alex88 said:
what would be the best power gain exhuast combo for a manual ecotec, also if theres no cat does that add some power.

IMO an SS stock system including cats would be a better option than any aftermarket setup. That would give you a dual system with dual cats, minimising backpressure and would be stainless steel. Add a set of extractors and you couldn't go wrong. I don't know if you could acheive 30kw just out of any exhaust though...... :whistling