Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

M6 noise in low gears,

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
stumpy said:
I have just hunted the forum for noisy 6speed gearboxes in 2003 VYSS, and can't find any mention! Mine is only noticeable on windy roads, where I'm in low gears for a few K's. Is this a known problem? I've only got 3 months warranty left!http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=12#
Without a doubt they wont touch your gearbox unless it stops altogether. Why don't you investigate some good quality replacement oil like REDLINE or the likes. :)

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
ive noticed mine sits in neutral and "grumbles", though nothing really noticable during driving.. Is yours simliar?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
that grumbling noise you hear one way to tell if there is something wrong with your input shaft bearings because it should only be noisy when you lift the shifter up a little bit

stumpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 SS M6
Re: original post. I figured they would have bad hearing when it came to hearing the noise, Mine is quiet in neutral, maybe there is a differnt problem with yours?

VYSHSV8

**** happens
Reaction score
Website
www.ls1-australia.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 M6
The Boxes are as noisy as all F to start with mine has been noisy since new get a good quality synthetic trans oil put in it will quieten it and the changes will be smoother..