Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAMS Licence

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Does anyone here have a CAMS licence? I wandered over to Barbagello (WA) the other day to have a look - group of guys doing some drifts. I made some enquiries, they do speed testing and drags there aswell... Does Just Commodores have a presence there? Is it a CAMS Affiliated club?? Any stories, words of wisdom?

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
I have a 2S licence.

Visit the CAMS website;

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Competitors&ObjectID=1

You need to determine what events you want to do. Generally for club level stuff a 2S licence will cover everything you are likely to do. If you just do skidpan and motorkhana events then you can get by with a 2NS.

For level 2 all you need to do is fill in a form, be a member of a CAMS affliated car club and pay your money. There is no test required. In essence it is an insurance policy.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Thanks champ... good stuff. ;)

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
yep, as Pete says you can do alot on a 2S license. I've had one for a few years now and unless you want to go circuit racing (an not just lap sprints) it's a good level. Cost is around $80ish. 2NS is a fair bit cheaper but limits you a little.

There is a list of CAMS affiliated clubs which is on the website, I pay $40 a year for that.