Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Chip

Timothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy equipe S11
Will any noticible power be gained by putting a power chip into my stock VY, would i then have to use - PULP- for maximum benefit.How much would one be and would i be able to fit one myself.That is, if i know where it is ?

I would appreciate any advice

Tim

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Those performance chips work by fooling the ECU into believing that there isn't enough air being mixed with the fuel - thus injects more... You can buy them on eBay. I have never done it myself, so I couldn't comment from experience, but apparently it is relatively easy to do (15-20mins). Don't get one put in if you intend to install a turbo, etc though. As for the PULP - you should be using that anyway. You get more power from your engine, it last's longer, and it is a cleaner fuel (better for your engine and the environment). I alternated between PULP and ULP a while back to prove to myself that there is a difference - believe me, there is... well worth the extra dollars.

Timothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy equipe S11
trac off said:
Use the search function for "edit"

mail order edit or go into a reputable shop and get a custom tune done.
Thanx for the info,will check it out.I am new to this site and didn't know where to look.

Timothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy equipe S11
vy_acclaim said:
Those performance chips work by fooling the ECU into believing that there isn't enough air being mixed with the fuel - thus injects more... You can buy them on eBay. I have never done it myself, so I couldn't comment from experience, but apparently it is relatively easy to do (15-20mins). Don't get one put in if you intend to install a turbo, etc though. As for the PULP - you should be using that anyway. You get more power from your engine, it last's longer, and it is a cleaner fuel (better for your engine and the environment). I alternated between PULP and ULP a while back to prove to myself that there is a difference - believe me, there is... well worth the extra dollars.
Yeah, i've seen them on eBay myself,but don't know the how's and why's of it all.These new computer controled engines are all a bit complicated to me.My first car was a LC GTR XU1 and with that there was nothing simpler than to get in,start up and f###ing hang on !!!!!!!! Ahhhhh,those were the days.