Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are the ELM OBD11 scanners compatible with vy11??

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Its OBDII or OBD2 and they are only compatible with the V8 VY, the VY V6 is OBD1 or ALDL so the OBD2 will not work.

And even then you need the software on your phone or laptop to use it.

DOASKID

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 waggy
I'm aware of the app/software needed for it, but I didn't know which unit is compatible with vy ecotec.
Thanks mate.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Doubt your going to find much stuff to suit ALDL applications, we are lucky with the LS1 that all the American apps work.

Most of the cheap ALDL stuff i've tried hasn't worked properly or just plain not worked at all.

I use Advanced Engine Diagnostics - Envyous Customs for my wifes VT V6 and all the ALDL dash stuff in my VX.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore

DOASKID

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 waggy

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
My main reason for wanting one of these cheap OBD11s was for the real time data display....

Just came across this, it says it has the capabilities to do custom tunes, for engine and gearbox? What do you blokes think?

OBD EOBD ECU Tuning Scanner Reader Remapping Software 1 2 OBD1 OBD2 Remap | eBay

12 Pin OBD1 to 16 Pin OBD2 Convertor Adapter Cable for GM Diagnostic Scanner New | eBay

No, VR/VS/VT/VU/VX/VY V6 and 304(V8) are not OBDI or OBDII they are ALDL (GM Assembly Line Diagnostic Link).
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...hing-know-about-aldl-diagnostic-cables.229926
It has an OBDII plug on the car for interfacing and that's where it ends.

ELM based cables will only work on LS V8 engines.

You need:
VR VS VT VX VY Commodore Aldl USB Diagnostic OBD1 Cable Airbag V6 V8 Memcal ECU | eBay
USB Aldl Diagnostic Cable Holden Commodore VR VS VT VU VX VY ECU Fault Codes CEL | eBay

Or follow the link Dirbatua posted.
Or research and read up on it, you could make your own cable if you wanted to do it cheaply http://wbo2.com/~techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl8192/8192hw.htm