Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy S Exhaust

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
Im looking to get an exhaust for my car, Im looking for a full system all the way through and possibly a 2 tip setup.

Im looking for that V8 sound that i have heard a few v6s have.

What system do you recomend and what are the costs involved. Would i have to get headers etc?

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
This has kinda been discussed here.

The last post in the thread I provided a link to a sound sample I made of my exhaust. Its a custom job. Catback, 2 1/2 strait thru.

I had extractors on my VS and all they did was create problems. They are rumoured to give the car more of a note but to be honest I didn't hear much of a difference. They threw out more heat under the bonnet and on 40 odd degree days they caused the fuel to vaporise in my fuel lines which in turn cause the car to chug and almost conk out!!

Just the exhaust will give you the desired note you need...

Well, thats my 2 cents anyway. :D

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
Im actually thinking now that i want an exhaust that has a slight rumble at low revs but when i plant it i wanna hear it?

What sort of system do you recomend for this and should ig et extractors etc?

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
read the thread.
Anything will give you a slight rumble at idle and a bigger one when you plant it, even the stock exhaust does it once the revs reach up there.

People need to use the search function (read: Scroll down a page or two).

As for the two tip thing, it can be done but i think there are feul tank issues etc and ramp the price up a low which make it not worth it from what i remember, there was a ute around with dual pipes someplace tho.

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
giannetto said:
Im actually thinking now that i want an exhaust that has a slight rumble at low revs but when i plant it i wanna hear it?

What sort of system do you recomend for this and should ig et extractors etc?

Like I said, I dont rate extractors....

I had a walker system on my VS. That didnt really burble tho, but bloody hell it was loud!

This new system I have on my VYS is a custom exhaust the exhaust center made and actually has a v8-like burble to it when idling and driving economically at low revs (has already fooled a handful of people into thinking its an 8) but when i give it some it looses the burble and picks up a more...."sporty" note which for me is plenty loud enough. Just listen to the sound sample i told you about...you'll hear what i mean. Sorry i cant offer more help with a brand name or anything like that because like I said, it was a custom job.

Just go to the exhaust center and tell them what you want mate! Thats probably your best bet as its their job to be able to judge what would be best based on what you tell them you want!!

Last edited: