Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raised rear on VY Ute

Ute2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6 M6
Gday everyone.

Just bought me a VYII 'S' ute. Now this car is great, but the the rear is a little to high for my liking, it looks out of place and makes it harder to see out the back when reversing. Whats the process to get it lowered to the same height as the front so it looks better and normal?

Thanks

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Go down to pedders or something and ask how much they want.
You got some options...
Fe2 suspension which is the lower factory version, im not sure if the S pack already has that fitted tho.
Pedders etc suspension which shoudl give you a good ride while being a little lower.
KingSprings will get you a very low ride (which you dont want), but it's a **** ride for a lot of people so you'd be best steer clear of this option.

Id say go down to pedders or something and speak to them about it, you'd be paying a bit more but they are good.

But then again there are a lot of people who'd swear by other options...

S

scalpa

kings have about 7 different rear spring heights available just remember to ask about what load they can carry

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
yeah, i would probably go with pedders suspension. They have a good reputation and give good advice on what the right product is to get.

E

easykiwi

Gidday Ute2004.. I have the same type of ute, how much did it cost ya @ Pedders and what is the final look like?

cheers

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
here is a pic of my VZ S which was lowered with lovells super lows. it is basiclly the same as a VY so it will give you an idea on what it will look like

VZUte147Medium.jpg

for more pics click the link in my sig below