Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tyre wear

S

sue

I would like to know if anyone has had problems with rear left wheel wear that is excessive. I have had numerous wheel alignments and the problem isn't getting any better. I don't do burnouts.

N

nicholasjoe

hmm.. i do n ot get it, if they do it to specs, should be no prob?

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
sue said:
I would like to know if anyone has had problems with rear left wheel wear that is excessive. I have had numerous wheel alignments and the problem isn't getting any better. I don't do burnouts.

What is the wear pattern like? Even all way round and across the tread? Just on the inside? Just on the outside? Patches? Usually you can isolate the problem by looking at the wear.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
could be the camber of the rear suspension is oput by a few degrees, i no its a vy and that they resolved the prob in vx but its still a possiblilty, good to check it out cos since i lowered my vs calais i need to get a camber kit bad, cos ill b luky to get 6months outta my tyres the way they r angled

V

VY Equipe

i got that, need new tyres coz rear left is worn out much more than the others. ( Ill just get the full set replaced in the next couple of weeks) im sure its from giving it some when turning left

S

scalpa

have you seen a print out from the alignment ? it could be that the toe setting is way out if your in melb give the guys at traction tyres a call they do my wagon and its great you can ring them on 9764 2811
cheers scalpa

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Sue.. get a check done on your car first to find out if you have standard IRS bushes or adjustable bushes... check to see if the rear springs are already sagged... when getting your next IRS wheel alignment done try to load your car as you would normally drive it.. if you carry rear passengers and some load in the back, leave the load in the back, fill up the fuel tank, even put some weight in the back to represent passengers if you carry some... bags of sand to compensate the weight....