Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy s with Hp Designs

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
Do any of you guys have pics of a VY S with 18" Hp designs on it?

Also if i put 18" rims on the S with 1 size smaller tyres then the stock 16" tyres, how much would i be able to lower it without losing too much drivability and cops hassling me?

I was thinking something along the line of 2" rear and 1.5" front

Thanks! :king:

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Last edited:

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
damn the 20s look hot and the 19s look small as, and i wanna get 18s.lol

I think i might have to go up a size

thanks mate

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
the ride on the 20s will be shithouse im betting, it's liek they are riding on the rims, now enough rubber

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
Should i get the 19" or 18"?

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
well ill be getting 18" for my car when the time is right, i dont think bigger is needed (however by then i might change my mind LMFAO)

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Can you insure it?

I hate sounding like Mr Responsible, but check with your insurance company as you may void your cover in theft AND accident. I checked the VY sales brochure and the largest optional wheel package by HBD was the J series 18".

Make sure you can add the wheels to your policy and that they are considered an acceptable size (they may say higher theft risk, less stable on rough roads, more chance of aqua-planing etc). If you are gonna get larger, get it in writing from the insurance company that they will accept it.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
^^ the man speaks the truth, you need to get tyres and rims that dont go over the diameter holden offer (which is 19's on the HSVs i think?)

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
true true. have to think smart

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
maxy0987 said:
^^ the man speaks the truth, you need to get tyres and rims that dont go over the diameter holden offer (which is 19's on the HSVs i think?)
For victoria it is as follows:
"The width of any replacement rim must not be:

---- More than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series; or

---- Less than the width of the narrowest rim specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series

The overall width of any replacement rim and tyre must not be:

---- More than 15mm greater than the largest diameter tyre specified by the vehicle's manufacturer for the model or series; or

---- More than 15mm less than the smallest diamter tyre specified by the vehicles manufacturer for the model or series.

So you can go up to 1" wider then the largest offered, and any hight as long as it doesnt increase by more 15mm, which just means as you go to a larger rim you go to a smaller tyre.
AirStrike :air: