Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY single cd switch to 6 stacker

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Hi people. Gonna pick up a new (second hand) VY sPac series 2 in the next week or 2 and want to replace the single cd with a factory 6 stacker. I have seen one for $180 and says hardly used. No 1- willit fit straight in with all the steering wheel functions still working, 2-how hard is it to do? how long? how do I do it if it is possible?? Thanks for any help on this.
Dan

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
VY Single Cd to 6 Stacker

Five minutes work.
All you'll need do is make up two pieces of coat hanger bent in a 'U' shape with the two straight bits the same as the ce:hit: ntres in the front of the deck and about 2 inches long. They just push into the two holes (4 in total) release the internal security clips and pull the single deck out and just push the replacement in. I cant see why the 6 stacker would not work exactly as the original. Everythings hard mounted on the car and radio. You dont even see a wire.
Piece of cake.

davfull

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6 acclaim
i have to agree. i fitted 1 to my vy, unit came from a vz and everything still works the same

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Thanks for the info guys, however i didn't look back at the site until now so I missed the end of the auction. I have however just found another one.
Cheers Guys
Dan

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Just one more quick question.. Does the black cd player stand out as the original is grey??
Dan

F

flc

I recently replaced the grey single CD unit in my VY with a black 6 stacker. I was concerned about the colour difference, but to be honest it looks great. The black matches the auto shift, handbrake, air vents. It was a simple pull out the old unit and put the new one it its place, 100% functionality.

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Dan, if the guy who won my auction doesn't pay or whatnot then I'll let you know before I look at relisting if you're still interested. So far I haven't heard a word from the guy and it's been 2 days.

Yeah the black units look better - the whole black console looks better than the grey/dark tempest one.

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Thanks, that would be good
Dan

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
The only thing we have found and a couple of guys have noted it on here is if the unit (6 stacker) comes with the aerial height control button and your original unit didn't then that button will not work!!