Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering a vy, camber??

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hi,
Just wanting to know if anyone has had camber problems(like vt/vx camber problems!)when lowering your vy.
Do you have to put in a kit?
How much and what brand is the go?
Any advice would be great!
Cheers.;)

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
yes put the camber castor kit, you tyre wear would be more even and last longer.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I think it depends how low you go. If you go to fe2 (or close to level), then i think there is a built in camber adjustment.
If you go low low then you'll need aftermarket stuff i think. Ask your suspension place

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
vys have there own camber adjustment in rear ive got superlows in mine and its spot on no need for a kit.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Jeffro74 said:
vys have there own camber adjustment in rear ive got superlows in mine and its spot on no need for a kit.

I'm with Jeffro - VY's already have camber adjustment, there's no need to spend money on a kit.

hrforever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Back in June last year I fitted Pedders springs and shocks (FE2 equivalent height), and in March this year I had worn the inside of the 18x8 rears downs to the canvas. The tyres had only covered approx 27k. Pedders aligned all the wheels when fitting springs and even they were surprised when I took the car back with the worn tyres. They believed the standard camber adjustment should be sufficient.
With 4 new tyres fitted, the store just said rotate the tyres regularly and get used to the wear. This comment was repeated at another tyre store a couple of weeks later. It was also suggested that the wear gets progressively worse the wider the wheels over the standard 15in fitted.
All I know is I'll be watching these tyres very carefully.

race4life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ACCLAIM
how much approx does lowering the car cost in terms of money spent on labour and on parts? my vy acclaim is pretty standard and i want to lower it.